At Live Well Studio we welcome students of any shape or size to all of our classes, but we also recognize that walking into a yoga class can be uncomfortable for some people. With that in mind, we are excited to offer a new Yoga for Larger Bodies class starting this summer!
Yoga for Larger Bodies focuses on modifying traditional yoga postures through the use of props and other techniques. It is intended to make yoga practice accessible and enjoyable for all bodies, regardless of shape, size, or other physical challenges. Classes are designed around students' needs and emphasize a welcoming environment for all. We will move at a slow pace and emphasize modifications to achieve proper alignment. By learning how to modify yoga postures for their needs in a body-positive environment, the class will also give students the comfort and knowledge to explore other yoga classes.
· Learn how to adapt postures with props to make them more accessible for their individual bodies
· Learn breathing techniques for relaxation and stress relief
· Learn safe alignment in yoga postures
· Improve flexibility, strength, and balance
· Gain confidence and comfort in the body they have
The 60-minute class will be held Tuesday evenings from 7-8 PM beginning July 1, 2014.
Taught by Kacey Beddoes, read Kacey's bio here.